Empire Technical Fabrication is currently seeking a Senior Technical Designer to join our team. This position is based at our Wayne, NJ facility.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Technical Designer is to oversee the technical design team in their work to design and engineer all scenic elements based on the technical requirements, financial, and scheduling goals defined by the project management staff. As well as work with the Director of Projects to develop and improve project workflows. This includes but is not limited to the following:
Why work at Empire?
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered here at ETF.
· Healthcare/retirement savings programs
· Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
· Dental, Vision & Life Insurance programs
Salary for this position starts at $85,000
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
· Minimum of 5+ years of commercial theatre or entertainment industry experience including supervisory experience
· Highly proficient in AutoCAD 2d and 3d, some experience in Inventor is a plus, proficient in Microsoft Office 365 including Teams and SharePoint
· Strong understanding of scenic construction and automation
· Ability to effectively prioritize, execute, and problem solve in a high-pressure environment and work efficiently within given time constraints; highly organized
· Ability to communicate ideas clearly
· Self-motivated; team oriented and highly collaborative work style
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
Position Success Criteria
· Interest in building and streamlining a project management team.
· Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
· Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented.
· Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change.
· Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
· Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
· Strong ability to develop and motivate people.
· Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders.
· Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.